Baked Lemon Rice Pilaf
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat stock, bringing to boil and then down to simmer.
- Melt the butter in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with butter. Cook 3 minutes stirring often so that the rice does not burn.
- Transfer rice to large baking dish. Pour in hot stock. Stir in lemon juice, zest, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Fluff the rice just before serving and garnish with lemon slices and sliced green onion if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy. I'm giving this five stars for flavor and ease even though I had some cooking problems. But, I used brown rice so that may be why my dish needed about 45 minutes, eventually uncovered, to finally absorb the liquid and be ready. I used homemade fish stock and it produced a lovely, lemony side for our panko-crusted fish dinner. I halved the recipe but even so, we had leftovers the next night, which microwaved nicely. Thanks...this is a keeper.