As soon as I saw this in the Honolulu Advertiser I knew I had to make it. So yummy! Perfect too, because I love lemon and mochi. Together, it's so delicious!
- 16 ounces mochiko sweet rice flour (sweet rice flour, 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk (or dairy milk and coconut milk)
- 1 (1/2 cup) package butter, melted
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup angel-flake sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sweet rice flour, sugar, baking powder and pudding.
- With a balloon whisk, gradually whisk in milk to beat out lumps.
- One at a time, stir in melted butter, beaten eggs, lemon extract and coconut.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.