Simple recipe. You only need a microwave. Very versatile with dough and fillings. Not too sweet either. Here's a small batch which can be multiplied, but if you make more, experiment with the microwave times.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mochiko sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- katakuriko, for dusting (potato starch)
- Mix mochiko and sugar in a bowl.
- Add water and mix thoroughly. (will be watery).
- Put in a microwaveable dish. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Take off plastic wrap. Cool for a few minutes, if you want. Cut. Serve.
- Opt. Dust with katakuriko or kinako to prevent mochi from sticking everywhere. If you don't have these, you can just put the mochi on cellophane.
- Variations for Filling: You can add red bean paste, ice cream, chocolate, etc. in the middle if you want BEFORE you dust. add a teaspoon of filling and pinch edges closed.
- Variations for Dough: Add a few drops of food coloring into batter for color variation. A few drops of flavoring (strawberry, grape, orange, blueberry, etc.) may also be added. >> For chocolate flavor, stir about 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips into mochi batter before cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION