Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Great meal, easy to make, Low GI, vegan keeps well (tastes better the next day)Extra can be frozen for upto one month. quite often I forget to put in the lemon juice and herbs and it still tastes great!
Top Review by ChefWantABe
This was very good!I used it as a side dish with my moroccan turkey stew.Amazing flavors that complimented great.Only thing I did different was to use canned mushrooms and I used cilantro instead of parsley...personal preference.I like it in almost everything instead of parsley.I only wished it made more so I could have some left overs.Trust me...double or triple it!Yum
- 2 small leeks (about 200g)
- 250 ml water, with
- 1 pinch instant bouillon granules
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100 g quinoa
- 100 g portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the white parts of the leeks only into 1cm rings (1/2 inch rings) rinse well breaking up the sections.
- Add the water and oil to the leeks in a medium saucepan, add tomato puree and bring to the boil. Simmer for five mins then add the quinoa mushrooms and coriander.
- Simmer for a further 15 mins or until all the water is absorbed. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice.