Curried Quinoa Risotto (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
photo by InnerHarmonyNutriti
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups vegetables, diced (I used a carrot, zucchini, yellow squash and asparagus.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add quinoa and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add curry powder. Cover.
- While the quinoa is being cooked, add vegetables (starting with the ones that will take longer to cook).
- When all water is absorbed, remove from heat. Adjust the taste with about 1 tsp of salt and some cayenne (if you like it hot).
- Infuse love and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!