Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice (Floribbean brand)
- 2 teaspoons lime rind, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add key lime juice, lime rind and vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Sift in flour and baking soda.
- Mix to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into a greased 10" Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes before turning cake out of pan.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and key lime juice.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm cake.
- Let cool completely before serving.
This is the first pound cake I ever made. Didn't come out as moist as I'd hoped, but it was probably overcooked a bit. Also, I used fresh key limes since I couldn't find Floriddean brand (or any other brand) key lime juice.
My son picked this as the dessert he wanted for Thanksgiving and he's eaten almost the whole cake by himself. Very good cake...excellent texture....thanks for a good recipe.
We increased the amount of lime juice to 2 tbsps. Everybody enjoyed it