Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and blend until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating constantly.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Blend sour cream and bourbon.
- Alternately add flour and sour cream mixture to batter.
- Add pecans.
- Grease bottom and sides of tube or bunt pan.
- Pour in batter and bake at 325 degrees for about one hour and 30 minutes.
- Test cake frequently after first hour and 15 minutes for doneness.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out on wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, combine sugar and bourbon.
- Stir while gradually adding water.
- Add only enough water to make a pourable glaze without allowing mixture to become too thin.
- Pour glaze over top of warm cake and let dribble down sides.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This pound cake makes a great base for Strawberry shortcake. The recipe does NOT half well, however it does freeze well and handy to have on hand for a quick dessert. Use quality bourbon for the best taste. I recommend Labrot & Graham's Woodford Reserve if you want to keep a very fine bourbon on hand for cooking, baking and drinking. ;-)Reply