Recipe by Karen=^..^=
WOW WOW WOW...I don't know how to describe this...if you like KAHLUA and Chocolate, MAKE THIS! I don't mean to yell, but I can't contain myself :) Several hours of chill time are required, so keep that in mind.
Top Review by Musical Joy
Excellent! I made this for my daughter's Preschool Christmas/Teacher Appreciation luncheon, with one *small* change ---- no Kahlua! No alcohol allowed in the school. Instead, I used caramel ice cream topping on the cake - it was wonderful! I chopped up 3 Nutrageous candy bars and put them between layers (just 2 layers) and on top, along with some Christmas spinkles. It was a hit. It does make a lot -- try it - you'll love it!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size) or 2 (3 ounce) boxes vegetarian instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare, bake and cool cake in a 9 x 13 inch pan according to package directions.
- Poke holes in cake with fork and pour KAHLUA over top.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight and cut cake into cubes.
- In a large bowl, prepare pudding mixes with milk according to package directions.
- Using a large clear glass bowl or trifle dish, layer 1/3 each of cake cubes, pudding and Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Refrigerate until serving time.