Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Try this for your next crock pot adventure. Wonderful flavor!
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 354.88 ml green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 396.89 g can whole tomatoes
- 78.07 ml tomato paste
- 297.66 g can beef broth
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 7.39 ml basil
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g shrimp, shelled
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT shrimp and rice) in crock pot.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add shrimp the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in rice before serving.
The food was excellent,very easy to prepare,had to watch the fluid level so that it wouldn't dry out during cooking. I added "Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning" after it was cooked. Next time in preparing this wonderful meal I'm going to add smoked ham, smoked sausage, crab meat, oysters. As close to cajun as you can get.
This recipe was great! Easy to make and satisfied my husband who is a picky eater....will make this one again. This recipe also meets my nutritional needs, fits in with the Weight Watchers point system.
This is a super crockpot version of Jambalya. I followed the recipe exactly, and the seasonings were perfect and not too spicy. The consistency of the Jambalya was excellent and the leftovers tasted great the next day. This will be added to my favorite weekend crockpot recipes.