Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Women's Day.
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 teaspoons salt-free cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces peeled large shrimp
- Layer onion, pepper, celery and turkey kielbasa in a 31/2-qt or larger slow-cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and their juices, rice and seasoning in medium bowl, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon. Pour in slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir in shrimp, cover and cook 20 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and hot sauce.
I made this today and it turned out ok the rice came out a little mushy and i don't know why cause i followed the recipe and didnt change anything.On the good side though it tastes great. Thanks for sharing.
My family loved this well the adults did.. the kids did there normal pick out the things they didnt like but it is really good will def make again thanks for sharing something different to make the the crock pot!!!
Made this for supper tonight, and it was deelish!! DH is devouring this! I used home made salt-free cajun seasoning, diced canned tomatoes, and needed to stir in about 1 cup of water midway to suffficiently moisten the rice. Adjusted the cook time for my older model crock pot, it was done after 5 hours on HIGH. A very yummy meal that I will be making again. Thanks dicentra! Made for the Seafood and Crock Pot Photo Challenge in the photos forum.