Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from my Country Casserole's Cookbook.
- 453.59 g fulled cooked smoked link sausage, sliced
- 226.79 g fully cooked smoked ham, diced
- 59.14 ml butter
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g can tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 907.18 g uncooked shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 236.59 ml diced cooked chicken
- In a large Dutch oven, saute sausage and ham in butter until lightly browned, add onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper and chicken broth.
- Cover and bring to a slow boil, stir in rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat until rice is nearly tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and chicken. Cover and simmer until shrimp is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Do not over cook shrimp.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf.
Great dish. I cut the recipe in half but it turned out terrific. Will make again.