Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent, versatile barbecue sauce! From The Jack Daniel's Barbecue Cookbook. If you don't like bourbon, skip this recipe.
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Combine onion, garlic and bourbon in a 3 quart saucepan. Saute until onion and garlic are translucent, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then turn down to a medium simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Run through a strainer if you want a smooth sauce. Store sauce in the refrigerator.
This is the BEST sauce we have ever had, and we've had a lot. We now have the whole neighborhood using this and we are national heroes for sharing the recipe.
This is disgusting. So bad, my hudband couldn't finish his meal.