Homemade Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
photo by Cooking Creation
- Ready In:
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the sauce into a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!