Recipe by Bergy
I like having the sauce on the side for this quiche. I put the chopped jalapeno in the tomato sauce while it cooks. Nice brunch/lunch dish.
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (you may use low fat)
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute zucchini, onions and garlic.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Simmer the tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining herbs until the tomatoes are soft, set aside Mix the cottage cheese, eggs and milk, mix well.
- Place zucchini mixture in the pie shell.
- Add egg mixture and 4 tbsp of the tomato sauce.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella, return to the oven until cheese melts.
- Heat tomato sauce and serve with the quiche.