Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
A little different with a bread crumb crust instead of the usual pie crust. Easy to make.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium zucchini, thin sliced, drained on paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup scalded milk
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate and press the crumbs into it to make a crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- Sauté the zucchini in the olive oil for 3 minutes; remove and drain again on paper towels.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine.
- Add flour; stir well.
- Add milk slowly stirring all the time.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese, egg and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in the zucchini.
- Ladle into the bread crumb crust.
- Bake in 350°F degree oven for 35 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Thank you! I skipped the nutmeg and used half the butter/flour but otherwise followed the recipe. It was delicious. My husband and I finished the whole quiche in one dinner. I didn't love the bread crumb crust but he did - I guess that's a matter of taste. It's certainly easier than a regular crust. Thank you so much, this is a definite keeper!