1/1 Photo of Italian Ricotta Pie
1 hr 25 mins
This is an old Italian recipe that is usually made for the holidays, particularly for Easter, but is good any time of the year. Note that baking time is actually 1 hour and 20 minutes. When I enter that in the cook time, it comes out as a crazy fraction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make crust, mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in egg yolk and water.
- 4Roll out, place crust in 10" glass pie plate and flute the edges.
- 5For filling, combine ricotta cheese, flour, salt, lemon and orange rinds and vanilla.
- 6Beat in eggs and add sugar gradually.
- 7Pour filling into crust and bake at 350° until firm and light brown (approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Ricotta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.9 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 14.8 g