Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This is an old favorite of mine from childhood... but nowadays goes great for tea-parties when served on toast wedges or just plain, served stuffed into a tomato for presentation... or my husbands favorite way: sandwich style topped with a few pieces of crisp bacon with a slice of avocado between two pieces of white bread! This is great for using up leftovers from Rotisserie Chicken...
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was delightful and different! I think the addition of the cream cheese really made the difference, and all the other ingredients really blended nicely together. I have not seen a chicken salad recipe like this before, but I will definitely be making this again! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag Game.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken (I use food processor, but you can also use 2 forks & shred to a consistency similar to tuna or pulle)
- 1⁄3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, drained & chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pinoli nuts, chopped (pine nuts)
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- to taste garlic powder
- 1 dash oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- I use my mini-food processor to chop all of the ingredients except the chicken -- I just give them a few "pulses" per ingredient so they are not pureed in the food processor.
- Mix mayonnaise, and cream cheese together in bowl until creamy. Stir in chicken & remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- *Can add more or less of the mayonnaise & cream cheese mixture according to taste/texture desired.
- Note: you can buy the chicken pre-cooked or make it ahead of time. I recommend using all white meat.
- Also, you can substitute the pinoli nuts with chopped almond slivers if budget-conscious.