1/5 Photos of Italian Chicken Salad
This is an old favorite of mine from childhood... but nowadays goes great for tea-parties when served on toast wedges or just plain, served stuffed into a tomato for presentation... or my husbands favorite way: sandwich style topped with a few pieces of crisp bacon with a slice of avocado between two pieces of white bread! This is great for using up leftovers from Rotisserie Chicken...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken (I use food processor, but you can also use 2 forks & shred to a consistency similar to tuna or pulle)
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, drained & chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup pinoli nuts, chopped (pine nuts)
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- to taste garlic powder
- 1 dash oregano
- 1I use my mini-food processor to chop all of the ingredients except the chicken -- I just give them a few "pulses" per ingredient so they are not pureed in the food processor.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, and cream cheese together in bowl until creamy. Stir in chicken & remaining ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- 3*Can add more or less of the mayonnaise & cream cheese mixture according to taste/texture desired.
- 4Note: you can buy the chicken pre-cooked or make it ahead of time. I recommend using all white meat.
- 5Also, you can substitute the pinoli nuts with chopped almond slivers if budget-conscious.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 499.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 22.4 g