Italian Quinoa, Chicken and Roasted Veggie Salad
photo by Shelley Lee
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) packages broccoli stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- salt and pepper
- Quinoa cooking directions. Rinse quinoa under cool running water for 2 minutes in a fine mesh strainer. Set aside. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Toss quinoa into skillet and shake to distribute. Shake and toss quinoa occasionally for 5 minutes or until it is slightly brown and has a toasty aroma. Remove quinoa to a 2 quart saucepan. Add broth and water. Heat to boiling, cover, reduce heat and simmer on lowest temp until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes and fluff. OR Put toasted quinoa and liquids in a microwave rice cooker and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes and fluff. Comes out perfect every time! TOASTING IS NOT NECESSARY BUT ADDS A FABULOUS FLAVOR TO THE DISH. I RECOMMEND NOT SKIPPING THIS STEP!
- Spread thawed vegetables out onto a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl. Add roasted vegetables and chicken. Stir to combine well.
- Add dressing in small amounts, stirring to combine, until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan/Romano cheese blend.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!