Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Ohhhhh mama these are good (if I do say so myself haha)! The horseradish sauce is a must!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 10 whole wheat rolls, toasted
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- Place roast in slow cooker and add the remaining "MEAT" ingredients over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- About an hour before meat is done, remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:.
- Mix everything together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- TO SERVE:.
- Spread a little horseradish sauce on both sides of the toasted rolls.
- Add some meat, top with some veggies and then a piece of provolone.
- Place under the broiler for a few seconds until cheese is melted.
We really enjoyed this!! Made exactly as stated, except forgot the mushrooms! This is definitely a keeper!
There's only one word for this OUTSTANDING!!!!! I did saute the onions,peppers&mushrooms as my DH like them that way otherwise this is a keeper.
"Ohhhh Mama" is right! Every bite just melts in your mouth! I used a boneless beef chuck roast and slow-cooked on low for 6 hours, then pumped it up to high for 3 more. It's a good thing it's winter here, because if I had the windows open, the neighbors would be beating down my door with the luscious aromas beckoning them. We loved the creamy bite of the horseradish sauce too. Served ours with cheddar cheese, as that's our preference. So good, so tender, so perfect! Thanks Robyn!