- 2 1⁄2 lbs roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 10 whole wheat rolls, toasted
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in slow cooker and add the remaining "MEAT" ingredients over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- About an hour before meat is done, remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:.
- Mix everything together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- TO SERVE:.
- Spread a little horseradish sauce on both sides of the toasted rolls.
- Add some meat, top with some veggies and then a piece of provolone.
- Place under the broiler for a few seconds until cheese is melted.