Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
photo by Shelby Jo
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 5mins
- 4 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip roast (cut in half) or 4 1/2 lbs chuck roast (cut in half)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (or use additional beef broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 0.5 (1/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 10 (6 inch) Italian rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, beer (or additional broth), water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano, and basil; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks.
- Return to slow cooker and heat through.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll.
- Serve juices as a dipping sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
delish! This was so easy to make -- actually easy enough my husband made it! When i walked in the house after work, the whole house smelled SO good! It tasted as good as it smelled too! I used some french rolls which we toasted under the broiler and put some swiss cheese on. Thanks for posting! Made for Photo Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>