Baked Catfish Fillets with Horseradish Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion, Grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Arrange fish on baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In small bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold in sour cream, onion, garlic, mustard and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- Spoon some of mixture on top of each fillet.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque or skewer glides easily through flesh.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan melt butter.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Stir in milk, hourseradish and remaining 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Serve over fish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!