Recipe by Pets'R'us
Nice side dish but sometimes I add more tomatoes some frozen peas and then can eat this as an vegetarian main dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or more)
- 1 chopped green chili peppers or 1 red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or 3 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the potatoes, onion, garlic and shallow fry them over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until softened and golden brown.
- Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, ground coriander, garam malasa, salt, cloves, cardamoms, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, chopped chili and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and yoghurt, cover and cook very gently for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked, adding a little water if necessary.
- Serve hot with the coriander sprinkled on top.