Indian Cauliflower & Potatoes
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 large head cauliflower
- 3 potatoes
- 3 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 inch knob ginger, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- prepared rice (optional)
- Combine garam masala, Ground coriander, chili powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower and potato into medium sized cubes and thoroughly wash it. Put in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan / kadai. Add green chilli, ginger garlic and stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add coconut milk, spice mixture, and the cauliflower and potato. Stir well. Cook uncovered for five minutes Cover the pan / kadhai and cook over medium heat until tender. Occasionally stir it to prevent sticking to the bottom.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!