Recipe by morgainegeiser
This is taken from Taste of Home magazine. It is a comfort food, quite easy and nutritious.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was so quick and easy! I did add 1 1/2 Tbs sugar to the sauce since my DSs are used to a slightly sweeter tomato sauce. I loved that there was spinach in and I got both DSs and DH to eat it! I had to chop it up really small so they would think it was "seasoning" but it worked! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #58.
- 1 3⁄4 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a dutch over, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato puree, beef broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach; cook for 1 -2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until cheese has melted.