Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Heat oil in dutch oven. Add onion, garlic and ground beef. Brown for 10 minutes, drain fat if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until the soup starts to boil. Turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Really excellent soup. Quick & easy to make on a late weeknight. All of us have sore throats, stuffy noses or both so soup really hit the spot. I used the diced tomatoes can to measure the water to keep the soup a bit on the thicker side. Although very tasty on it's own we added some heat to it at serving time, by stirring in about a dime sized amount of prepared horseradish to each bowl. It helped relieve the stuffy noses & the sore throats. Made for KelBel in Eric's memory. Our thoughts are with you, hon!