Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Found in Better Homes and Gardens Easy Stir Fry Recipes...haven't tried yet wanted to put up for safe keeping
- 15 1⁄4 ounces pineapple chunks (juice packed)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 1 lb chicken breast (bite size cut)
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles or 3 ounces cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reservng juice. Set pineapple chunks aside. For sauce, stir togetherreserved juice, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, onion powder, red pepper, & ginger. Set the sauce mixture aside.
- Preheat large skillet over high heat. Add oil (add more oil as needed, during stir-frying). Stir fry broccoli about 2 mins.or till crisp tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken stir fry for 2-3 minutes or till done.
- Push meat from center of wok/skillet. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir the mixture for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broccoli. Reduce heat. Stir in pineapple. Cover and cook about 1 minute or till heated through. Serve hot stir-fry over noodles.