Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
My friend and coworker used to bring these spring rolls to potluck lunches where they were inhaled by everyone. They are so delicious! The number of egg rolls this recipe makes is an estimate. The preparation and frying times depend on how quickly you can make the spring rolls and how many you're frying at that time. The spring rolls can be made ahead of time, frozen and cooked when you need them.
Top Review by CJAY
We loved this recipe! I used ground pork. I liked the use of bean thread noodle. I'd never tried it that way before. It was easy to make, fried up nice, and tasted fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, shredded (or 3 medium carrots)
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, deveined and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (1/2 cube)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup bean thread noodles, soaked in water and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 egg, separated
- 50 small egg roll wraps
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients except the egg white.
- Use a fork and spoon to place mixture on wrappers.
- Use the fork to form the mixture into roll shape on the wrapper.
- Roll up wrapper.
- Use egg white to seal edges.
- May be frozen at this point. Use wax paper to separate layers.
- Remove desired number of spring rolls and fry until golden brown (do not thaw).