1/3 Photos of Hau's Vietnamese Spring Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
My friend and coworker used to bring these spring rolls to potluck lunches where they were inhaled by everyone. They are so delicious! The number of egg rolls this recipe makes is an estimate. The preparation and frying times depend on how quickly you can make the spring rolls and how many you're frying at that time. The spring rolls can be made ahead of time, frozen and cooked when you need them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, shredded (or 3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, deveined and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (1/2 cube)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup bean thread noodles, soaked in water and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 egg, separated
- 50 small egg roll wraps
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Mix together all ingredients except the egg white.
- 2Use a fork and spoon to place mixture on wrappers.
- 3Use the fork to form the mixture into roll shape on the wrapper.
- 4Roll up wrapper.
- 5Use egg white to seal edges.
- 6May be frozen at this point. Use wax paper to separate layers.
- 7Remove desired number of spring rolls and fry until golden brown (do not thaw).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hau's Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 66.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bean thread noodles
egg roll wraps