Nuoc Cham (spring roll sauce)
A delicious dipping sauce for spring rolls! I like to put it on pork chops or shrimp too, served over rice. Please Note: The sauce will be very thin. I recommend serving it in individual dishes for each person to dip their spring roll in.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons nuoc nam (fish sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 dried red peppers (the tiny ones)
- 1⁄2 limes, juice of or 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup water, maybe a little less
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and cayenne peppers together with the powdered sugar.
- Add fish sauce, water and lime (or lemon) and mix well.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- Add finely shredded carrot and thinly sliced cilantro and green onion for garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Another perfect recipe, cg! As you know I made this to go with your Vietnamese Spring Rolls and the taste could not have been better. I used 1 less pepper because I'm a sissy. I also very easily doubled the recipe, which was good because my family was practically drinking it! We're going to make the rolls and the sauce for my sister's Super Bowl party too. You've made me a better cook today. :-)1Reply
The taste of this was perfect. A little salty, a little spicy, a little garlicky and generally just plain good! It was a bit runny though so watch out if you pour it over your spring rolls, because the sauce quickly runs into everything else on the plate. I'd also suggest halving this recipe, unless you have A LOT of spring rolls. I still have most of mine left. Guess I'll just have to make more spring rolls :-)6Reply