Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls ( Goi Cuon )
- Ready In:
- Cook the prawns, for 3 minutes until cooked, remove and peel, cut them lengthwise.
- Cook the pork, let it cool down and cut into thin slices.
- Spread one sheet of paper rice on a flat surface, use your fingers to wet it with water to make pliable, place another half in the middle to avoid cracking.
- Spread evenly a clump of noodles, 3 to 4 mint leaves, a pinch of bean sprouts at the bottom third of the rice paper.
- Fold the bottom portion over the filling, fold the left and right sides, roll one more time so it is 2/3 rolled.
- Place 2 or 3 halves of the prawns, face out so it looks nice when finished, next to them a leaf of chive half in and half out.
- Roll the paper tightly until the edges stick together.
- Place the rolls under a damp towel until serving time to keep them moist.
- Dipping sauce.
- Put 3 to 4 tbs of hoisin sauce with 1 tbs of cooking oil, warm it up and taste with sugar, avoid boiling.
- Chopped finely a pinch of roasted peanuts and spread on top when serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!