Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Hash Browns with French's Fried Onions
- 2 lbs Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French's French fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute French's onions in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.