Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got leftover ham? Here's a thought! Super easy and tasty! If the ham is not ground, just use a food processor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground smoked ham
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Combine ground ham, mustard, chopped onion, parsley, oats, milk and egg; mix well to blend and form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar and vinegar in saucepan; heat till sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture over ham loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
I think this recipe is healthier than using pork, which is used in the tradition recipes for Ham Loaf. After adding the extra egg, it still fell apart. The recipe is worth trying, however it still needs work. Maybe yet another egg?
Just happened to have some leftover ham. Prepared exactly as recipe. Flavor was good, but loaf did not hold together well. Maybe another egg would do the trick. Will definitely use again.