German Mennonite Ham Loaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Ham loaf and mashed potatoes are one of my favorite comfort food meals from my life in rural Ohio.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs ham, fully cooked, large chunks
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 -4 slices bread, day-old, rough chopped (yield 2 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (I used Penzey's Singapore blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place chopped bread into food processor and pulse into large crumbs. Transfer to medium size bowl and combine with milk, eggs, curry powder and mustard. Set aside.
- In 2 or 3 batches, process ham chunks in food processor until minced. Transfer to large bowl and combine with ground pork. Add bread mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Place parchment paper onto large baking sheet. Turn meat mixture onto pan. Divide meat and form into two large loaves.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 deg F.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION