Recipe by Amberngriffinco
Got leftover ham? Here's a thought! Super easy and tasty! If the ham is not ground, just use a food processor.
Top Review by Smokey Garguillo
I think this recipe is healthier than using pork, which is used in the tradition recipes for Ham Loaf. After adding the extra egg, it still fell apart. The recipe is worth trying, however it still needs work. Maybe yet another egg?
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground smoked ham
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground ham, mustard, chopped onion, parsley, oats, milk and egg; mix well to blend and form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar and vinegar in saucepan; heat till sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture over ham loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.