These are so yummy! Great for breakfast or a savory snack anytime of the day. I make these every time I have leftover ham. Sometimes I sauté a little garlic and finely chopped bell peppers with the onions to add even more flavour.
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and mustard. Add the sautéed onion, ham and cheese.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened, don’t over stir!
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
These are fantastic!!!! I had some ham to use , and just couldn't find anything "different" to make. I ran across these and thought what the heck. I am SO glad I did! Just the perfect balance of flavors for us , no subs or anything ... I might consider trying swiss cheese in them at some point , but wow these are great! Thanks so much for posting!!! **edited to add , I've made these several times now , they're such a big hit. Today I was cooking a ton of food , and didn't want to mess with individual muffins so I doubled the recipe , put it all into a 13x9 pan , and baked for about 30 minutes. Now I have to cut it into squares , like a cornbread I guess , but that's ok! It worked out GREAT!!
Very good! Savory muffin with a great texture and a great use for leftover ham. Perfect to reheat for breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very tasty! I used buttermilk in place of milk. The bottle of dijon was empty in the fridge (sigh)..so I used Cranberry Dijon in place....added a touch of cayenne pepper....awesomeness!!
Carefully watch at the end--do not overbake. My second batch came out perfect in 20 minutes in regular sized muffin tins.
Will do again and again I'm sure!