Spiced Pineapple Ham Slices
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I use this recipe for a quick weeknight meal whenever I have leftover ham. Great for the Easter ham leftovers that are still in the freezer!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked ham, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut ham slices into serving size pieces, if necessary.
- Arrange ham slices evenly in a 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Place pineapple slices on top of the ham.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and spices on top of the ham and pineapple.
- Pour orange juice over all.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
First I have to say that I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I didn't have sliced pinapple, so I used crushed pineapple. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out right to bake it that way, so I just mixed the pineapple, undrained, the orange juice, and the spices (minus paprika, plus cinnamon)in a saucepan and brought to a boil, then thickened with a little cornstarch. I heated the ham slices in a skillet, then poured the sauce over and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. It was absolutely delicious! It was a wonderful weeknight meal made in no time. I can't WAIT to make it the next time we have leftover ham, and plan ahead to make it the right way! Both ways would be equally good! Thanks for posting!Reply
Very easy recipe to prepare. The only complaint that I had about the recipe was totally my own fault. I had to use a large can of pineapple chunks because I didn't have any pineapple slices. Next time I won't use the whole can though because it was just a little too much pineapple taste. I thought the addition of paprika was very interesting and gave a unique flavor to the ham.Reply