Broccoli Cheddar Muffins
I made these quick muffins for a brunch wedding shower and they were very popular. The recipe might have come from Parents magazine. Would be good with soup and salad.
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until light colored.
- Add butter and cheese and mix on low.
- Add muffin mix, broccoli and scallions and mix at low speed for another minute.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray; divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool on a rack before turning muffins out of pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are fabulous savory muffins. I love the combination of broccoli and cheese. I think next time, I might try adding in some crumbled bacon. May as well make it as decadent as possible. They were a true hit at A church lunch and I was requested to make them the next day for the potluck. I would suggest using muffin papers so that you will have no problem taking them out of the pan.
These were really good muffins served alongside a bowl of chili. I had only 3 eggs on hand, so I only used 3 and the finished result seemed just fine. I used the full amount of butter, which made them very rich; we did not add any additional butter while eating. I also had to cook these about 22 minutes to get them to be completely done.
I probably would not make these again, but I think it could've been better if I had used the 1/2 cup butter as instructed. I went by a review & cut the butter in half. They came out a little bit spongy...not sure if thats due to the decreased amt of butter. The funny thing is I had to spread butter on them anyway to eat them. I gave it 4 stars, because they did taste ok, I just think they would've been better with the correct amt of butter.