I love recipes that are easy and tasty and can be prepared ahead. This fits the bill very nicely because the chicken is par-boiled and just needs to be grilled to crisp it up. We take this camping because it is so convenient. Prepare the chicken at home the night before and grill it when you arrive at the campground. It has been a family favorite for years.
- Heat soy sauce and sugar together until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and mix in ginger, garlic, onions and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, par-boil the chicken until almost done.
- Drain chicken and cool slightly.
- Pour marinade in a zip-lock bag or marinade pan.
- Add chicken and marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill until heated through and skin gets a little crispy.
- Remaining marinade can be boiled and served with the chicken.
- The chicken can also be broiled in the oven.