Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit, these chops sound goooood. Paul Kirk, "The Baron of Barbecue" is credited for this recipe. Can't wait to eat these. NOTE: The spice rub and glaze can be made a day ahead. Cover and store spice rub at room temperature. Cover and store glaze in the refrigerator; rewarm glaze just until pourable before using.
- 8 center-cut pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (Triple Sec)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- FOR SPICE RUB:.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- Mix all 8 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- FOR CHOPS:.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and heat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the spice rub generously over both sides of chops - about 1/2 Tbs. per side - pressing spices into chops to adhere.
- Place chops on grill, cover and cook for 5 min per side.
- Brush generously with glaze.
- Move to cooler part of grill and continue to grill, uncovered, until cooked through, brushing frequently with glaze.