Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit, these chops sound goooood. Paul Kirk, "The Baron of Barbecue" is credited for this recipe. Can't wait to eat these. NOTE: The spice rub and glaze can be made a day ahead. Cover and store spice rub at room temperature. Cover and store glaze in the refrigerator; rewarm glaze just until pourable before using.
- 8 center-cut pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (Triple Sec)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- FOR SPICE RUB:.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- Mix all 8 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- FOR CHOPS:.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and heat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the spice rub generously over both sides of chops - about 1/2 Tbs. per side - pressing spices into chops to adhere.
- Place chops on grill, cover and cook for 5 min per side.
- Brush generously with glaze.
- Move to cooler part of grill and continue to grill, uncovered, until cooked through, brushing frequently with glaze.