From Bon Appetit, these chops sound goooood. Paul Kirk, "The Baron of Barbecue" is credited for this recipe. Can't wait to eat these. NOTE: The spice rub and glaze can be made a day ahead. Cover and store spice rub at room temperature. Cover and store glaze in the refrigerator; rewarm glaze just until pourable before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 center-cut pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1FOR SPICE RUB:.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3FOR GLAZE:.
- 4Mix all 8 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 6FOR CHOPS:.
- 7Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and heat grill to medium heat.
- 8Sprinkle the spice rub generously over both sides of chops - about 1/2 Tbs. per side - pressing spices into chops to adhere.
- 9Place chops on grill, cover and cook for 5 min per side.
- 10Brush generously with glaze.
- 11Move to cooler part of grill and continue to grill, uncovered, until cooked through, brushing frequently with glaze.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pork Chops With Maple-Cranberry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 594.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: