Prep 3 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Mouth watering Shrimp. Served by a friend of mine. I was lucky to get this recipe!
- 1 cup minced green onions with top
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 lbs shrimp, peeled,deveined
- Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water.
- Pour mixture of green onions, salad oil, soy sauce, sherry, gingerroot, lemon juice and sugar over shrimp in nonreactive dish, turning to coat.
- Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- Thread shrimp on skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
This was so good! The only thing I did different was to use a grill pan.
Very enjoyable! The marinade gave a really nice flavor to the shrimp. Thanks for sharing!
So good that we're having it a second time within two weeks!