Shrimp and Veggie Pesto Pasta
photo by Ankitha Gadag
- Ready In:
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄4 th cup pesto sauce (used this pre-made italian version which can be found here )
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 dash dried basil
- 1 dash dried oregano
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 cup broccoli, florets (I used broccolli, but this would also go great with mushrooms, asparagus, or zucchini)
- 1 lime
- 1 dash parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
- 2 cups pasta (of your choice, I used orecchiette )
- Grind the garlic, parsley and jalapeno into a paste.
- Heat olive oil in low heat, and add the parsley pesto blend (from step #1) into the pan.
- Add in the shrimp to this mix.
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes Add the lime, salt, and black pepper at this point. You want to heavily coat the shrimp with the black pepper.
- After cooking for 5-7 mins, add the broccoli florets, pesto, and all other spices. Stir in and cover for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the flavors are cooked into the shrimp and the veggies, it will form a gravy. At this point you can add in the pasta.and stir. You can avoid overcooking the shrimp by turning off the heat before the shrimp start to form into circular rings.
- Top with a heaping spoonful of Parmesan, and serve! Voila!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!