One Pan Pasta With Creamy Shrimp and Pesto Sauce
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 lb frozen pre- cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- salt and pepper
- In a 4- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- Add shrimp, pesto, cream, broth, and dried tomatoes to pasta; stir over medium heat until hot and evenly incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmmm, very yummy! I made this tonight using Richard-NYC's Recipe #65198 recipe. I loved how easy it came together. I used Mezzi Rigatoni noodles since I didn't have any penne. This is quite addicting. When my daughter and I got to the bottom of our bowls, we both got up and got seconds. But, we had to make sure to leave enough for my husband who's working late - darn! I will make this again and maybe try chicken for a change.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook! I also love to take complicated recipes and make them simpler. Who wouldn't like to have fewer pans to wash?