Garlic Herb Shrimp and Pesto Crostini
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 ml salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 baguette
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 340 g frozen shrimp (PC)
- Stir together tomatoes, 1 tbsp oil, basil and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining 1 tbsp oil, dividing evenly. Arrange in single layer on grill. Cook, turning once, until grill-marked, about 4 minutes. Transfer to large plate. Set aside.
- Brush grill with oil. Arrange frozen shrimp, shell side down, in single layer on grill. Close lid and cook over medium heat, turning halfway through cooking time, until opaque throughout and shells are pink; about 5 to 7 Transfer to separate large plate; remove and discard shells.
- Spread pesto over top of baguette, dividing evenly. Top with shrimp and tomato mixture, dividing evenly.
- Chef’s Tip: No barbecue? Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven, flipping baguette once, until crispy and light golden; about 6 minutes. Set aside. Arrange shrimp, shell side down, in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until opaque throughout and shells are pink; about 10 to 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!