Creamy Roast Veggie Pasta
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 375 ml evaporated low-fat milk (I use Carnation Light and Creamy)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 cups diced roasted vegetables
- 500 g warm penne pasta, cooked & drained
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- basil leaves (to garnish) or parsley (to garnish)
- Spray a fry pan with olive oil. Sauté garlic for 1 minute. Blend a little evaporated milk with the cornflour until smooth with no lumps and set aside.
- Pour remaining evaporated milk into a pan and bring to boil stirring.
- Add cornflour and milk mixture to pan with garlic. Stir constantly until thickened. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in roasted vegetables, tossing well.
- Mix hot pasta into sauce and serve immediately with basil leaves and or parsley and also shaved parmesan cheese if desired.
- To roast your vegetables dice & put them and put into a baking dish, toss through 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with desired seasonings and bake in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Vegetables I have used are: pumpkin, zucchinis, tomatoes (plum), potatoes, carrots, capsicum & asparagus to name just a few.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for the Aussie/NZ #88 recipe swap and we really enjoyed this (I loved this). I made this for our lunch and used zucchini, yellow summer squash, red onion, red/green peppers, mushrooms, eggplant and some garlic in with the vegies to roast and also I seasoned them with oregano/basil and then added some red pepper flakes in before serving. This is definately a keeper for me. Thank you for posting.
Loved this! I had roasted some veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, red and green peppers, baby carrots, squash, zucchini, mushrooms) the day before for a side dish. I used the leftovers for this dish. I did add some crushed red pepper before serving for a little bit of a kick. Great flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
This was a nice creamy pasta dish. I did feel it was missing some herbs/seasoning. Would suggest basil, oregano, or even crushed rosemary; it also could use a healthy shot of salt and pepper. I used roasted eggplant, zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, bell pepper. I also tossed in some kalamata olives.
see 2 more reviews