1/1 Photo of Green Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
This is out of a cookbook from a little tea room that is now closed down. It was very popular back in the 50's and 60's here in Tulsa. It was called Brown-Dunkin which became Dillard's Department store years ago. In the 50's it was the place for fashionable lunching ladies. There is one catch to this recipe though. It has 4 different cooking times which are: 375 degrees for 40 minutes, 450 degrees for 10 minutes, 350 degrees for 45 minutes or 400 degrees at 50 minutes. UHMMMM! I think that I would go for the 350 for 45 minutes. I have not made this yet but am just going for the one that best suits the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For pastry, mix flour and salt; cut in shortening.
- 2Add water 1 tbsp at a time, using only enough to make a workable paste (too little will make it crumbly). This pastry, being exceedingly rich, must be handled deftly.
- 3Roll out pastry and line pan.
- 4Make 2 (9 inch) shells.
- 5Thorough chilling before rolling makes pastry easier to handle.
- 6For filling, line pie pan with one pastry shell and fill with sliced apples.
- 7Mix and sift dry ingredients over the apples.
- 8Add water and lemon juice; dot with butter, then top with secondary pie shell.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until pie filling is done and pie is golden brown.
- 10If pie crust starts getting too dark before it is done.
- 11Cover with aluminum foil.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4337.0
- Calories from Fat 2092
- Total Fat 232.5 g
- Saturated Fat 66.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1968.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 556.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.0 g
- Sugars 316.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g