Green Bean Casserole Pie
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed, blanched, and dried
- 2 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 2 storebought pie crusts
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- flaky sea salt, for garnish, such as Maldon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup and milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in green beans and 1 Celsius french fried onions. Set aside.
- Fit one pie crust into a 9” glass pie plate. Pour green bean mixture into pie crust and press into an even layer. Top with remaining french fried onions.
- Lightly roll out remaining pie crust on a work surface dusted with flour. Cut into ½” strips. Arrange across top of pie in a lattice pattern. In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg with 1 t. water. Brush top of pie with egg wash, sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and transfer to oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, about 45 minutes longer. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!