- 1 kg potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks and put them in a large ovenproof dish.
- Add the olive oil, lemon rind and juice, water, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Bake the potatoes for 1-1 1/4 hours or until they are cooked through and crispy.
- Stir every now and then during cooking to coat with the herby oil.
- Finally sprinkle with the chopped parsley.