Recipe by Az B
Holy smokes, I just ate a wrap! Boy was that nice. I found this recipe on the Living Without website. What I like most about it is that I will be able to take sandwichs to work again, since these are good warm or cold.
Top Review by WicklewoodWench
I had no fava bean flour so I tried making these with my usual blend of gluten free flour #438139 as the combinations are quite similar. The results were great the texture was as it should be and the taste wonderful,,,my only problem is the yield is not enough as my NON CEOLIAC husband ate them all.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄3 cup fava bean flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening or 2 tablespoons other shortening
- 3⁄4-1 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, then cut in or work in the shortening using a pastry blender or two knives or your hand.
- Add the warm water, starting with 3/4 cup and mix well.
- Continue to add water until a soft, cohesive dough is formed.
- Heat a comal, tapa or griddle to medium heat. Then, form a ball of dough into a flattened disk, cupping the outside edges a bit to form a round.
- Dust a work surface with corn starch and, esing a bollilo or rolling pin, roll into a round disk about 1/8 inch thick and about 8 inches in diameter or to your preference.
- Bake one at a time on a hot griddle until the surface bubbles. Turn only once, the first side should have brown flecks.
- Bake until the second side has slightly browned - should brown in a very short time.
- Keep warm in a tortilla keeper or wrapped in a cloth until served.
- Note: Will freeze in a sealed plastic bag for up to three months.