Recipe by Queen Bead
This is my adaptation of the recipe on the package of the brand of cornmeal I use. A family favorite that disappears quickly!
Top Review by lisa.conklin
I made these as a 'cornbread' in an 8x8 pan. The mixture was VERY thick, almost too thick (perhaps that's why they are better as muffins?), but delicious. UPDATE: I made these as muffins and they are the PERFECT recipe. My new favorite. :)
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 295.73 ml milk
- 236.59 ml gluten-free flour (I use Gluten-Free Flour Blend)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml guar gum (or xanthan gum)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 59.14 ml cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornmeal and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, and let stand.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line muffin tin with paper baking cups, and spray with oil or non-stick spray.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add egg and oil to cornmeal mixture.
- Add cornmeal mixture to dry ingredients, and stir with a fork until blended. Do not over mix.
- Fill cups 2/3 full, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.