Gluten-Free Flour Blend
Yes, it's another variation on a theme, but this is the blend I've had the most success with. Any of the recipes I post will be using this blend, so I hope this works as well for you as it has for me. I learned about this blend from my local Celiac Association.
- Ready In:
- Blend well and store in an air tight container.
- When converting recipes, substitute equal measurements, and add 1 teaspoons xanthan gum or guar gum per cup of flour in the recipe.
- Yeast containing recipes must use xanthan gum, as guar gum interferes with the action of the yeast.
- Oriental (Thai) rice flour is a finer texture than the flour from health food stores. It is more like cornstarch in texture. It will give better results, without the gritty texture common to gluten free baking. At this time, Thai rice flour is available on amazon.com.
- If you prefer some brown rice in your blend, check out recipe #201072.